Monday, June 22, 2009

Blog Posting #7

Camstudio has proven to be a very interesting, useful tool when it comes to on-screen video creation. While the interface lacks features that pay-for software caries, this piece of software can quickly, and easily create on-screen videos with accompanying audio if desired. It is rather odd that the microphone is turned off by default when recording. The screen size is also set at default to capture something the size of a matchbox. This is easily remedied by changing the default capture size under one of the top menus. It's worthy making note that USB headphone/microphone combinations will not function under Virtual PC, as there is no "USB pass-through" support for Windows VirtualPC environments.

In general, I tend to enjoy exploring a piece of software before consulting books, websites, Google, etc. It gives me a good idea how user intuitive it is, and I will probably decided how much I (dis)like it within the first few minutes of use.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on exploring software first. I guess this kind of behavior is in line with some of the learning theories we learned last semester.

    I think the reason I do it is similar to yours, I'll know pretty quick if I'll like the program so rather than spend time reading about it, I'll just jump in! If I like it, it gets kept. If not, it gets zapped!

    By the way... if you don't have it on your macbook already - AppZapper is a GREAT program!

    ReplyDelete