Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blog Posting #8

Recording a video for instructional purposes is not as easy as it sounds. I spent the better part of an hour trying to perfect my video, ad lib. This was a very poor idea on my part, as I ended up messing up more often than not. Finally, I decided to make an actual script or at least write down the main ideas I wanted to get across in my video. Not only did this speed up my video, giving me more time to elaborate, but I cut down on the number of speech errors dramatically. I have a perfect 3 minute video, that is easily viewable by others, and gives a decent explanation for adding a picture into Kompozer. While many of us could probably figure it out in a matter of minutes, I can imagine that having a video demonstration for a beginner web page designer would relieve some of the stress associated with trying to "keep up" and "understand the content being discussed. Hopefully everyone's videos turned out OK, as we covered a lot of topics in class...

2 comments:

  1. Andrew Poswal

    Yes i fully understand the frustration of making a video, and a script definitely helps a lot. But i think its a great experience to create something that will help others in the future, and to think this the beginning of possibly a large catalog of videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! The video was frustrating... and there is NO WAY I would have even attempted to do it without a script. Then I would have sounded like Darth Vader with a speech impediment. All that aside, the video assignment was a great chance to produce some really helpful tools for the attendees to use later on.

    By the way, I think your video turned out well. And hey, now we have the experience!

    ReplyDelete